Helio is on a mission to electrify every home in America. Here at Helio, we believe people want to do their part to fight climate change. Nevertheless, they often don’t realize that 42% of emissions come from decisions they make at the kitchen table. Helio gives homeowners the power to make a dramatic impact on their carbon footprint by making it simple to remove fossil fuels from their homes, and in the process, fully electrify their lives.
We are an early stage venture backed startup with tremendous early traction. We are building an electrification technology platform that will help guide 100 million homes in the US towards electrification. We are looking for a smart, driven, and collaborative Net Zero Designer to help ensure every homeowner gets the best possible solution for their unique home.
- Create the “Net Zero Roadmap” to help our clients remove fossil fuels from their home.
- Combine data and images gathered from the home with equipment specifications and dimensions to determine the best path towards electrification.
- Work with engineering and our software to improve the efficiency and scalability of your role.
- Support both sales and operations to make sure they have the answers they need to move the project forward.
- Design processes and feedback loops between home assessors and sales to increase speed and minimize rework
- Trade related design experience in one or more of the following: Solar, HVAC, Manual J/D/S, energy auditing, HERS, etc.
- Competence designing professional customer facing document
- Ability to synthesize and prioritize the many potential improvements of an existing home into a coherent solution to electrify, make efficient and healthy
- Ability to process large amounts of data, both visual and other
- Personal growth is important to you: you have a clear idea of how and where you want to grow, and are excited about being in an environment that enables growth with feedback, opportunities and ownership.
- You’re comfortable with — not just tolerant of — change and uncertainty.
- You operate with transparency.
- You think with scale in mind.
- This role is flexible, we prefer the Denver/Boulder area but will consider remote locations for the right candidate.
This is an office (home or Helio) based position, although you will be trained in the field to understand the Helio process in detail. Necessary technology will be provided
We are a small, diverse team of creative and mission-driven thinkers. We value open communication, teamwork, and a make-it-happen attitude - no job is too big or too small. We strive to make change by imagining what the future could be and building a product to complete that vision. We are looking to grow our team with talented people who are on the same mission to shape the future of energy.
- Competitive compensation and early equity at a well-funded, fast-growing, venture-backed company.
- Flexible hours and unlimited vacation time.
- Comprehensive benefits, including a choice of medical plans; dental, and vision.
- Diversity - Helio embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.